View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0031726||Runner||Functions||Public||2020-06-22 12:43||2020-11-11 09:41|
|Reporter||Dan||Assigned To||Russell Kay|
|Priority||Medium||Severity||C - General||Reproducibility||100%|
|Platform||Windows VM||OS||Windows 10||OS Version||Pro x64|
|Target Version||2.3.1||Fixed in Version||2.3.1|
|Summary||0031726: Functions: zip_unzip() does not work if called from a game installation folder which has a non-ascii char in the path|
|Description||zip_unzip() does not work if called from a game installation folder which has a non-ascii char in the path - not that it's not the extraction of the zip at fault, as you can extract to destination folders which have accents in the path or Cyrillic chars, etc., just fine as long as the game itself is in a "safe location"; it's the folder the game is itself installed to which causes the issue.|
You can see this with the pre-made Windows VM zip I have attached.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Extract the zip to somewhere on your PC - e.g., C:\unzip_test_SpecialChars\ (giving admin permissions if required to do so).|
2. Run the game and observe it will say all three zips extracted correctly.
3. Navigate in Explorer to the %localappdata% folder and manually delete the game's save folder.
4. Rename C:\unzip_test_SpecialChars\ to C:\unzip_test_SpecialCharsтест\ then run the game again, and observe this time all 3 zips have failed.
5. Rename C:\unzip_test_SpecialCharsтест\ to C:\unzip_test_SpecialCharsFrançais\ then run the game again, and observe all 3 zips have failed.
6. (Optional) Rename C:\unzip_test_SpecialCharsFrançais\ to anything else not containing a non-Roman char, e.g., C:\unzip_test_Special\ then run the game again, and observe all 3 zips extracted correctly once more.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|1.4 Found In|
|2.x Runtime Found In||188.8.131.528|
|2.x Runtime Verified In|