View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0031709||2.x IDE Bugs||Search & Replace||Public||2020-04-20 12:19||2020-04-21 09:32|
|Priority||Low||Severity||C - General||Reproducibility||100%|
|Platform||-||OS||Windows 10||OS Version||Pro x64|
|Target Version||2.3.0||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0031709: Search & Replace: Replacing items from different scripts individually will keep restoring focus to skipped items in first script|
|Description||If you use the Search & Replace tool and are replacing items from different scripts individually, but you skip some out, then once you start replacing items in scripts 2+, the IDE will keep restoring focus to any skipped items in the first script each time you do any more replace actions. This means you have to keep clicking Find Next to get back to the correct place in your search results each time.|
(2.3.0 CB6 is the same behaviour/result, but the search results order is different, so be aware of this when following the steps.)
Expected: The IDE does not revert focus back to earlier scripts as it parses all the results in order - it always goes to the script required by the next match in the search results.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Import the attached sample.|
3. Search for "mytest". Observe the results show lots of matches.
4. Add a replacement value (can be whatever you want - I went with "replaced"), then click Replace.
5. Observe that first click is actually "ignored" because it's handling the info text line in the output window, so click Replace a second time.
6. Observe the code editor now opens and shows your text is replaced okay.
7. Replace the other values/skip as you wish, but ensure you skip at least one line in script0 by pressing Find Next instead of Replace.
8. Note that when you get far enough into your search results that script1 is opened, when values in that script are replaced focus will jump back to your first unskipped line from script0 each time.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2.x IDE Found In||126.96.36.1991|
|2.x Runtime Found In||188.8.131.528|
|2.x IDE Verified In|
|2.x Runtime Verified In|