View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0031282||2.x IDE Bugs||Installing||Public||2019-08-21 15:46||2021-07-16 16:35|
|Priority||Medium||Severity||D - Minor||Reproducibility||100%|
|Platform||-||OS||Windows 10||OS Version||1903|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0031282: Installing: Installer typically opens in background/minimised if launched via the uninstaller|
|Description||The GMS2 installer typically opens in the background/minimised on recent versions of Windows 10 if it was launched by the uninstaller. This means you need to spot the taskbar entry and click this to restore the installer to focus.|
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Download a new installer, then leave your browser on-screen.|
2. Launch the installer via your browser's downloads panel.
3. Observe the installer is in focus and you can see the splash screen, etc., just fine, and then the uninstaller is asked to be launched. Do this.
4. Progress the uninstall normally. This is all fine also.
5. Finish the uninstaller and wait a second.
6. Observe the installer reappears on your taskbar, but is not actually visible on-screen (whether it is behind the browser or minimised, I don't know).
7. Click the taskbar button for the installer and observe you can now progress the installation fine.
Repro: It might not be 100% for me, but it's not far off...
|2.x IDE Found In||18.104.22.1686|
|2.x Runtime Found In||22.214.171.1244|
|2.x IDE Verified In|
|2.x Runtime Verified In|