View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0031207||2.x IDE Bugs||Code Editor||Public||2019-07-20 21:13||2019-07-22 15:21|
|Priority||Very Low||Severity||D - Minor||Reproducibility||100%|
|Platform||Windows||OS||Windows 10 Pro||OS Version||>=18362|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0031207: Code Editor: Auto-completion ignores "hidden" extension functions/macros and shows them anyway|
|Description||GMS1 had the following behaviour for extension auto-completion:|
- If a function had its "help" field set to an empty string, it was hidden from auto-completion
- If a macro had its "hidden" checkbox set, it was hidden from auto-completion
This was convenient for having "internal" functions/macros in extensions, as well as being able to deprecate functions/macros without having to remove them right away.
GMS2 does not honour this tradition:
- Although the "help" field is preserved, and GMS2 extension YY files even have a "kind" field (which has a separate value reserved for "hidden" functions), this is ignored and the functions are shown in AC anyway.
- There is no "hidden" checkbox for macros.
- Although the YY spots a "hidden" field for macros, it is ignored and they are shown in AC anyway.
Furthermore, changes to GMS2 auto-completion (partial match rather than start match) mean that even just prefixing internal functions is no longer enough - you must give them unreadable names and then then use those in your code.
|Additional Information||I was under an impression that I filed this in past but apparently not! And then no one else did either. What a trouble.|
|2.x IDE Found In||22.214.171.1248|
|2.x Runtime Found In|
|2.x IDE Verified In|
|2.x Runtime Verified In|