View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0028738||2.x IDE Bugs||Keybindings||Public||2018-01-17 10:36||2021-07-16 14:05|
|Reporter||Sam Cumming||Assigned To||CoreTech|
|Priority||Low||Severity||C - General||Reproducibility||Unable To Reproduce|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0028738: Keybindings: Unable to delete objects using 'Delete' key on US Mac Physical Keyboard layouts|
|Description||If you use a US Mac keyboard and attempt to delete something (an Instance, Object from Room Editor, for example) using the 'Delete' key, nothing will happen. You have to press FN+Delete instead to mimic the UK Physical layout 'Backspace'.|
Instead, we should allow US keyboards to mimic the backspace command by pressing the 'Delete' key.
|Steps To Reproduce||Speculative:|
1. Open any project, create a few objects, add them to the Room.
2. In the Room, select an object graphically.
3. Using a US physical layout Mac Keyboard, press Delete.
4. Observe nothing happens.
5. Press FN+Delete, observe the object is deleted.
6. Using a UK physical layout Mac Keyboard, press Backspace.
7. Observe that the object is deleted.
|2.x IDE Found In||126.96.36.1993|
|2.x Runtime Found In||188.8.131.52|
|2.x IDE Verified In||184.108.40.2063|
|2.x Runtime Verified In||220.127.116.11|