View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0028460RunnerHTML5Public2018-02-05 16:45
ReporterParodyKnaveBobAssigned ToMike Dailly 
PriorityLowSeverityC - GeneralReproducibility100%
Status ClosedResolutionNo Change Required 
PlatformHTML5OSWindowsOS Version10 Home
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0028460: HTML5: Edge's os_browser value matches no available browser_* constants
DescriptionEdge cannot be intuitively detected running a project from GMS 1.4.1773 because os_browser matches no available browser_* constants, including browser_unknown (which makes some sense since the debugger picks up on Edge no problem). A very simple browser_edge constant (like GMS2 apparently received) should hopefully easily fix this -- in which case (friendly reminder) it would also need to be added to the manual's os_browser reference page (which incidentally is missing some browser_* constants already available).
Steps To Reproduce1. In the attached project's room0 Creation Code editor, type browser_ in a blank space and observe autocomplete matching 1:1 all the constants I wrote.
2. Run in debug mode with HTML5 target.
3. Observe at the top of the output, the debug console recognizing Edge (example screenshot attached).
4. Observe at the bottom of the output, the browser variable matching none of the available GMS1 constants.
Additional InformationThis is perhaps more a "constants" thing than an "HTML5" thing, but I didn't know if you wanted this in the technically accurate "macros" category.
1.4 Found In1.4.1773
2.x Runtime Found In
2.x Runtime Verified In

Activities

ParodyKnaveBob

2017-12-02 01:04

Updater  

browser-codes.gmz (7,990 bytes)

ParodyKnaveBob

2017-12-02 01:07

Updater   ~0056845

Whoops. I shoehorned step 1 into the top of the repro steps at the last minute. I should've also said to finish typing browser_edge to observe it's not a hidden constant, and then of course delete this stray text before running the project. $;^ b

Mike Dailly

2017-12-04 09:27

Manager   ~0056847

Already fixed, will come to 1.4 on next release.