View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0028157||2.x IDE Bugs||Source Control||Public||2017-10-26 10:05||2018-10-30 11:05|
|Reporter||Sam Cumming||Assigned To||Steven Campbell|
|Priority||High||Severity||C - General||Reproducibility||100%|
|Target Version||2.2.1||Fixed in Version||2.2.1|
|Summary||0028157: Source Control: 'Import Project to Repo' creates local repo if the import fails, preventing further imports|
|Description||If you try to import a project to a repo, if this fails in any way (credentials failure for example), the IDE will create a local .git folder, which will then prevent you from importing the project to a repo again.|
Expected: If 'Import Project to Repo' fails, do not create a local .git folder, and allow the user to try again once they've fixed the problem.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Open any new project.|
2. Create a few assets.
3. Go to GitHub or Bitbucket, create a repo.
4. Go to your preferences, remove your Git credentials apart from Username and Email.
5. Attempt to import your project into the repo you created online.
6. Observe that this will fail, stating that your credentials are invalid.
7. Open the project folder in explorer, observe a .git folder.
8. Try to import your project to the repo again, observe that this option is greyed out.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2.x IDE Found In||184.108.40.206|
|2.x Runtime Found In||220.127.116.11|
|2.x IDE Verified In||18.104.22.1687|
|2.x Runtime Verified In||22.214.171.1249|
Looks like GitHub and Bitbucket handle credential passing differently, so they come in a different order which can upset Import Into Repo.
Git doesn't clean up after it, leaves the .git folder, but Bitbucket does, no .git folder left behind.
Fixed in Red IDE/GitHub Pull Request 3848
Git Id: b8326e998bf4fe8b52f006b3742e2fbca69c7bbe (main fix)
and 7eb5803a21f3dcb66400312d6dcbe97096c5bcb7 (recursive fixes)
|Currently unable to fully verify this one due to #29707, however I think this one is fixed. Will verify once the blocking bug is fixed.|