View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016064||Runner||[All Projects] Shaders||Public||2014-10-01 13:58||2021-07-23 15:31|
|Priority||Medium||Severity||C - General||Reproducibility||100%|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0016064: Shaders: shaders/android: you can't use/retrieve a uniform twice (in the vertex and the fragment program)|
|Description||If you retrieve the SAME uniform in the vertex and the fragment program of a shader, the uniform is not properly retrieved in the fragment program (only inside the vertex program).|
This cause the shader fails to compile in any Android device.
However it works perfectly ok on windows.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open a project where you are able to visualize a shader.
2) Assign a new uniform to the shader during the shader declaration inside the GML code.
3) Then, inside the GLSL code, retrieve the uniform inside the VERTEX program and operate with it.
4) After that, inside the GLSL code, retrieve the uniform inside the FRAGMENT program and operate with it.
5) Compile the app and test it on an Android device using Android YYC. Note how the shader fails to compile.
However if you run the app under windows OS it's working perfectly.
|Additional Information||Original helpdesk ticket: http://help.yoyogames.com/tickets/72506|
|Tags||android, Runner, Shaders|
|1.4 Found In||1.99.182|
|2.x Runtime Found In|
|2.x Runtime Verified In|
shaderUniformFail.gmz (2,957,565 bytes)
|Definitely something going on here, different results on three platforms. Windows compiles fine, Android runs but doesn't appear to display the shader and Android (YYC) generates an asset compiler crash. Happens in both 1.4.1451 and EA232. Assigned.|
||I am pretty sure that a pixel shader cannot fetch uniforms in a cross platform manner... windows can probably do it but Mobile platforms will have problems.|
No longer reproduces in v2.3.3. Closing.