View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0023140||Runner||[All Projects] UWP||Public||2016-08-11 15:37||2017-03-02 14:29|
|Reporter||Stewart Bishop||Assigned To||Mike Rennie|
|Priority||Medium||Severity||C - General||Reproducibility||100%|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0023140: UWP: No way to set your application to be full screen through either GGS or Alt + Enter|
|Description||As the title says if you want to change your application to be full screen you can't.|
Checking the MSDN it seems like this is a preference you set before you start your game (GGS) or something which you can change at runtime (Alt + Enter)
Here is the article which provides the code we would need to implement for this to work: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/gianlucb/2015/10/18/uwp-windows-10-app-windows-startup-size-and-full-screen/
|Steps To Reproduce||1) Create project|
2) Change target to UWP
3) Run it
4) See that it is not full screen
5) Press Alt + Enter, nothing happens
6) Close game
7) Open GGS
8) Change to UWP tab, under Graphics see that there is no way to specify full screen on start up
|1.4 Found In||1.4.1757|
|2.x Runtime Found In|
|2.x Runtime Verified In|
Fixed this and related issues.
- window_set_fullscreen() and window_get_fullscreen() now work in UWP apps.
- alt-enter can now be used to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode in UWP apps (if allowed).
- added options to global game settings to control whether the game starts in fullscreen and whether the user can use alt-enter to switch.