View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0019862||Runner||[All Projects] Amazon Fire||Public||2015-12-07 09:00||2017-10-30 15:18|
|Reporter||Daniel Cleaton||Assigned To||Fritz|
|Priority||High||Severity||A - Crash/Hang||Reproducibility||100%|
|Platform||Amazon Fire||OS||Android (Amazon)||OS Version|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0019862: Amazon Fire: App crashes when selecting settings button for runner web server connection|
|Description||If you deploy a run version of your game and subsequently try to launch it again from the Amazon Fire you will see that this fails to find the data file and looks for a web server back on the PC. If you click the button to edit your connection details this will crash/close the app.|
Expected: Either all of the data is sent over and the web server connection is never seen, or this dialogue should work properly.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Ensure you have Amazon on your license.|
2. Start Studio and load/create any project.
3. Run the project for Amazon Fire.
4. Close the app on the Fire device.
5. Use the application manager on the Fire TV to launch the app again.
6. Observe this will sit on an incorrect details screen.
7. Try selecting the button to edit the connection details and observe the app silently disappears.
|Additional Information||This was found on a Fire TV - tablets not checked yet.|
|1.4 Found In||1.4.1683|
|2.x Runtime Found In|
|2.x Runtime Verified In|
||Note that while this report was made for Amazon, the dialogue and runner are generic across all Android devices, so many devices can reproduce the same.|
||I still get this issue in 1702, so Reopening.|