Mantis

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0023980Runner[All Projects] SpritesPublic2016-10-03 14:122017-03-02 15:31
ReporterSebastian Nigro 
Assigned ToMike Rennie 
PriorityMediumSeverityC - GeneralReproducibility100%
StatusClosedResolutionFixed 
PlatformWindowsOS OS Version
Summary0023980: Sprites: Spine 2D Attachment Issue [when skeleton/attachment is created more than once]
DescriptionCreating a skeleton and its attachments more than once causes the images to become white squares/rectangles and completely unusable.
Steps To Reproduce1. Import skeleton and set an objects sprite index to that skeleton.
2. Using skeleton_attachment_create() and skeleton_attachment_set(), add an attachment to the skeleton.
3. Destroy the instance and re-create it using the same method as shown in step 2.
Additional InformationOriginal helpdesk ticket: http://help.yoyogames.com/tickets/110950 [^]

Project file here https://yoyogames.zendesk.com/attachments/token/AvK3AMgHjDCPYDhsLc9wyWy0w/?name=Spine_Example.gmz [^]

Spine file here https://yoyogames.zendesk.com/attachments/token/3XxfvtFfvbQ0KE7zyzcMzRwG3/?name=Skeleton+Export.zip [^]
1.4 Version1-99-1760
Runtime Version
Runtime Version Verified In
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0049616)
TheMantis (Reporter)
2016-10-13 11:52
edited on: 2016-10-13 11:56

I can confirm that something is wrong with this function as well, although it appears to cause additional issues for me.

Basically, I have created 2 attachments for the player (which uses a spine sprite) in the creation event. It works fine the first time around (when I start the game). However, when I restart the room, or go to another (the player exists in every room). My lighting surface 'switches' on/off based on how some objects are drawn to it, and some objects go completely black.

Some in-game sprites fail to work as well. The enemy sprite (not a spine sprite) appears a solid grey. The projectiles became a solid grey. The attachments that the player was assigned also showed the same issue, and became a grey square. Once this happens, it is permanent until I restart the game, and it occurs 100% of the time every session by following the same steps.

Removing the 2 lines with skeleton_attachment_create(), or not spawning the object with the problematic lines, gets rid of the problem, but still not a proper solution really. :/

I hope Spine becomes a bit more stable soon, this is the second major issue I have had with it recently. The other issue is with bone_data_set and bone_state_set functions showing performance issues and a possible memory leak. I've already reported this through the helpdesk anyway. ;)

EDIT: I neglected to mention, I am on the latest version GM Studio (v1.4.1763)

(0050517)
messhof (Updater)
2016-11-29 05:22

I can also confirm this bug!
(0050518)
messhof (Updater)
2016-11-29 05:24

I'm on 7.7.1276
(0051897)
Ross Manthorp (Administrator)
2017-03-02 15:31

Verified. Closed.


Copyright © 2000 - 2017 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker